Salary: Will Discuss
Job Description: Full time position facilitating support groups and working one on one with individuals utilizing mental health and substance abuse services. High school diploma or equivalent required. Must be able to pass background screenings and have valid driver’s license with reliable transportation. Must complete the CPS Missouri Certified Peer Specialist training and certification.
The peer specialist is a critical part of the team. Having someone who knows what it is like to experience a behavioral health condition helps with engaging the person who is in need to accept the help that is available. The peer specialist would assist with the Hope Center Director and follow-up to assist persons in crisis to access needed behavioral health services. This position requires a person who has experienced a behavioral health condition and is in recovery. This is a full-time position.
Location: Springfield, MO
Requirements: • Serve as a group facilitator when needed.
• Maintain the front desk and assist with front desk responsibilities when a volunteer is not available.
• Assist with ensuring that Hope Center rules and policies are followed.
• Serve as a liaison to the Advisory Council and Town Hall Meetings as needed and as assigned.
• Assist with updating announcements weekly and post appropriately. Assist with updating monthly calendar and distribution.
• Copy and assemble welcome packets, IOOV materials, new volunteer packets and training manuals.
• Responsible for opening, closing and overseeing the administration of the Hope Center on Saturdays.
• Be familiar with computers and Microsoft office programs.
• In cooperation with all staff, and in particular the Marketing, Development and Grants Coordinator, assist with the development of promotional materials, special event suggestions, membership development, and other avenues to promote NAMI Southwest Missouri and the Hope Center.
• In cooperation with all staff, assist with the development of workshops, support groups and assist with volunteers and facilitators.
• Assist, when necessary and possible, with consumer needs.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director of the Hope Center and the Executive Director.
To Apply: Please Submit a resume and cover letter to: Stephanie Appleby email@example.com