Salary: $19 to $23 hourly
Job Description: The Certified Addictions Counselor is responsible for providing substance use assessments, individualized treatment planning, group therapy & may be involved in providing family therapy with qualifying experience.
Some responsibilities include:
• Develop client resources used in individual and group counseling during treatment
• Provide counseling to clients as assigned by managing member
• Participate in treatment team meetings
• Work collaboratively with referral sources such as the United States Pretrial/Probation Office and other state and private referral sources including insurance companies.
• Assist clients in developing measurable addiction and/or co-occurring disorder related goals and objectives
• Complete and maintain accurate records and reports regarding client history and progress, services provided, and other required information
Co-develop individualized treatment goals and Update regularly
• Ensure all counseling care requirements are met in a timely and quality basis per licensure, accreditation, and certification requirements
• Monitor client progress and adjust treatment approach as necessary
• Interface with families and treatment team members
• Responsible for creating and supporting a positive, professional, team-oriented, harassment-free work environment by understanding and complying with the Company’s policies, by demonstrating the Company’s competencies, and being a role model for the Company
Location: Springfield, MO
Requirements: Professional Credentials Required:
• Active and current certification as an addiction counselor, or Provisionally Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Missouri.
• Must possess an understanding of the nature of addiction and treatment intervention which leads to greatest outcomes and creates conditions for highest probability of sustained addiction recovery and emotional and behavioral wellness.
• Have an understanding of working with individuals involved in the judicial system and who may be under supervision by probation offices.
• Read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; and participate in meetings.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
To Apply: Please Submit a resume and cover letter to: Sher Peck, MA, CRADC, LPC Sherpeck@beaconstarcounseling.com