Salary: Starting at $14.50 hr
Job Description: New Horizons Community Support Services, Inc. has an established reputation for excellence in serving adults with behavioral health diagnoses for over 40 years and is certified by the Missouri Department of Mental Health and accredited by CARF. New Horizons serves a diverse body of people. A variety of perspectives in our workforce allows us to create a dynamic and inclusive environment where everyone can contribute to our organization.
New Horizons is looking for a CERTIFIED Missouri Peer Specialist to provide peer support services to adults with serious mental illness in a community setting.
· Hours: Full-Time, Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm. Part-time employment will be considered on a case-by-case basis
· Training: Must obtain CPI (will train)
· Benefits: Full-Time benefits include, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance. Paid holidays, paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
· Must have good communication skills. This position will be part of a treatment team.
· Must also have a valid driver’s license and a favorable driving record.
· Must complete application and submit resume at www.mo.newhorizons.com.
· EOE: New Horizons is an equal opportunity employer. This applies to everyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), age, language preference, sexual orientation, spiritual beliefs/religion, education and socioeconomic status.
Job duties include but not limited to:
· Sharing lived experiences of recovery.
· Helping consumers to make independent choices and to take a proactive role in their recovery.
· Sharing and supporting the use of recovery tools and modeling successful recovery goals.
· Assisting consumers with identifying strengths and personal resources to aid in their setting and achieving recovery goals.
· Assisting consumers in following through on recovery goals.
· Helping consumers connect with others and their communities at large in order to develop a network for information and support.
· Supporting efforts to find and maintain paid competitive integrated employment.
· Assisting with health and wellness activities.
. Clearly document clinical interventions in progress notes within an Electronic Health Record.
· Driving is an essential function of the position.
· Implement and abide by company policy.
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Requirements: Preferred candidate must be a self-identified consumer who is in recovery from mental illness and/or substance use disorders. Must have a High School Diploma or GED and be a Certified Missouri Peer Specialist. Please see information regarding certification on the Department of Mental Health website. https://mopeerspecialist.com.
To Apply: Please Submit a resume and cover letter to: Angela Heidbreder email@example.com