Salary: $37,500 – $45,000 Based on Experience and Credentials
Job Description: FIRST CALL JOB DESCRIPTION
Title: Family Services Youth Counselor
Report to: Family Services Team Lead
Responsible for promotion and the delivery of First Call’s youth-focused Family Services program components (Caring for Kids, Caring for Kids alumni groups), as well as evidence-based prevention programs targeted for youth audiences. Family Services Youth Counselor is responsible for updating program materials and participating in quality assurance paradigms to ensure fidelity of each program.
1. Recruit participants for Caring for Kids at First Call and other locations through community outreach and creative planning.
2. Deliver the Caring for Kids program on an ongoing basis.
3. Recruit participants for Caring for Kids alumni groups and facilitate monthly as needed.
4. Serve as key point person for Caring for Kids to collaborate with partner agencies to provide services.
5. Receive cross training for other family service program components (How to Cope, How to Cope alumni group, How to Care training) and be prepared to deliver programs if needed.
6. Conduct other youth-serving programming including adolescent assessments and other school-based prevention programming.
7. Provide support to other direct service team members through crisis calls.
8. Prioritize quality data collection from participants and complete reports as scheduled.
9. Market agency and family services programs through community presentations and networking.
10. Some in-town and out-of-town travel may be required to complete position responsibilities.
1. Work hours: Full-time, Monday through Friday, including daytime and evening hours with 30 minute lunch and two (2) 15 minute breaks (can be taken congruently).
2. First Call provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
3. First Call’s Commitment to Diversity: First Call Staff and Governing Board reflect our region’s diversity and understand that treatment of substance use and mental health disorders in the United States has been adversely impacted by systemic racism and stigma. First Call is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion, mutual respect, support, and connectedness. In recruiting for its team, First Call welcomes the unique contributions that individuals can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Requirements: KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS/EXPERTISE
1. Degree in Social Services/related field (Masters level preferred)- OR – current certification as a Substance Abuse Counselor
2. Will need to meet all the standards and qualifications required of a substance abuse prevention professional by the Missouri Substance Abuse Professional Credentialing Board within 6 months of hire date.
3. Experience in substance use field is preferred.
4. Demonstrated success in facilitating groups.
5. Available to conduct evening groups as often as 4 times per week.
6. Willing and available to drive to groups throughout a 5-county service area.
7. Ability to plan, organize and execute multiple projects.
8. Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
9. Proven ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established deadlines.
10. Access to reliable personal transportation.
To Apply: Please Submit a resume and cover letter to: Megan Keller email@example.com