Salary: $35,000 – $45,000 Based on Experience and Credentials
Job Description: FIRST CALL JOB DESCRIPTION
Title: Recovery Advocate
Report to: Reentry Team Leader
First Call Reentry Recovery Advocates are integral members of the clinical team, providing individualized, strengths-based service delivery to clients by bridging gaps in the continuum of care. First Call Recovery Advocates are therapeutic case managers. They are experts in care coordination. They place value on multi-disciplinary teams and collaborative solutions. The job of a Reentry Recovery Advocate is to collaboratively determine the needs of the client, the barriers standing in their way to accessing them, and how to help the client overcome them.
1. Active member of interdisciplinary teams, working to facilitate early intervention and reduction of barriers
2. Provide person-centered recovery support by collaborating with the client to identify treatment goals
3. Administer initial assessment including severity of alcohol/drug use, recommending appropriate level of care and identifying case management needs
4. Work to ensure all eligible clients receive Department of Mental Health reimbursement
5. Increase & disseminate knowledge of signs and symptoms of substance use disorders, family systems, and intervention techniques
6. Ability to engage and maintain relationships with community resources
7. Enhance access to care by traveling as needed to respond to identified areas of need
8. Utilize an electronic system to accurately document clinical progress within required timeframes
9. Facilitate Relapse Prevention groups in the community
10. Maintain professional and clinical knowledge of the field by attending continuing education trainings, and maintaining professional certifications and licenses as required
11. Cultivate working relationships with providers and other community agents while representing First Call in a professional manner
12. Respect client rights by maintaining confidentiality, completing training in cultural competencies, and communicating with clients in a manner which is supportive of the recovery process
13. Track milestones in participant achievement, such as finding employment, completion of certifications, increased wages, maintaining sobriety and avoiding recidivism
14. Transportation of clients may be required
15. Help participants’ navigate the challenges that come with having a criminal history; housing challenges, unemployment, employment and housing discrimination, family issues, and legal difficulties.
16. Some in-town and out-of-town travel may be required to complete position responsibilities.
1. Working hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with 30 minute lunch and two (2) 15 minute breaks (can be taken congruently).
2. Minimum of 60% of work is community-based, possibly including courthouse and jail settings
3. First Call provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Email cover letter and resume to Megan Fowler, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Requirements: KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS/EXPERTISE
1. Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in social services or related field -OR- MO Certified substance abuse provider
2. Knowledge of community resources
3. Comfortable with use of laptop computer, telehealth service delivery, electronic record-keeping, email, text, etc.
4. Proven ability to work efficiently to meet established deadlines
5. Preference given to Bilingual (Spanish/English) applicants.
6. Must be eligible for jail clearance
To Apply: Please Submit a resume and cover letter to: Megan Fowler email@example.com