Title program, Upscale Your Practice in 8 Weeks, An Online Course to Train Therapists to Treat BFRBs (Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors such as chronic skin picking or hair pulling)
Location: Online course
Date(s): _12/3/18 -1/28/18 8 consecutive weeks (1-2 hours each week)
Time: Recorded webinars can be watched anytime
Contact Hours: 8-16 Cost: $299 (with weekly coaching calls) or $99 (with no coaching calls)
Agency: The Center for Mindfulness & CBT
Contact Person: Andrea Harpster Phone: 314-561-9757 ext. 718
Fax: 314-561-9050 Email: Andrea@mindfulstl.com
Address: 10845 Olive Blvd. Ste. 150, Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Web Site: __https://mindfulstl.com/an-8-week-course-to-learn-to-treat-bfrbs
*Online registration available using this link, The first 3 to register can use the coupon code, CYBERMONDAY to save $100 off the full course with coaching calls ($299 course only)
Presenter(s)&Credential(s): Laura Chackes, Psy.D., Licensed Psychologist and Owner of The Center for Mindfulness & CBT, has been in practice as a clinical psychologist for over 12 years, doing primarily CBT with individuals, families, and groups with depression, anxiety, OCD and related disorders such as BFRBs. Dr. Chackes co-developed the MBCT program at Clayton Behavioral in 2013, and has been teaching Mindfulness & MBCT courses consistently since then.
General description of training:
• An 8-step approach to gaining control over a BFRB that you can teach directly to your clients to free them from the suffering their BFRB has caused.
• A regular mindfulness practice for yourself and your clients, and how to maintain it.
• Answers to any questions you have as you apply this treatment with your clients!
• 8 weekly training videos demonstrating how to teach this to your clients with BFRBs
• 8 group coaching calls to answer any questions you have and/or problem-solve as you use these approaches with your clients (NOT offered in the $99 course)
• Worksheets and audio files to use with your clients
• Professional articles outlining the research and clinical applications of these approaches
• A private Facebook group for other therapists who are in this course, and then transfer into an alumni group once the course is complete (both moderated by me) so that you can continue to receive support and coaching as challenging cases come up in your practice